Associates Operating Agreement – What’s Changed
Here are some of the most important updates we will make to the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement and Program Policies effective October 1, 2020:
- Updated terminology to change references from “fees” to “commission income”.
- Updated the associate identification requirement to clarify that your identification statement must be prominent.
- Added an indemnity related to your taxes and duties.
- Clarified that confidentiality obligations apply for the term of the Agreement and 5 years thereafter.
- Changed the modification notice period from seven calendar days to two business days.
- Expanded “Unsuitable Site” to include those that promote, endorse, or incite potentially dangerous or harmful acts.
- Clarified that the following cannot be posted on Amazon: Special Links and links to Sites specifically to promote your Special Links.
- Added a cross-reference to compliance with the Amazon Associates Anti-Counterfeit Policy.
- Added a requirement to comply with applicable laws with respect to cookies.
- Added a specific prohibition on using program content within advertising outside of your site.
- Clarified that influencers must also comply with the Amazon Community Guidelines
- Removed the Local Associates Policy as it is no longer applicable.
- Added "Bonus Events" as a new type of Special Commission Income.
- Added the Prime Video Channels Free Trial bounty to Bounty Events and specified the channels available for free trial and subscription.